Research Assistant I - Integrative Biology Laboratory, Dr. Edward Stites
Under general supervision, the Research Assistant I assists with mathematical, statistical,
and/or computational tasks related to laboratory research and function.
1) (100%) Analytical Support
- Learn technical proficiency in mathematical and/or statistical software, programming
languages, bioinformatics packages, and/or more general purposes computer
software related to laboratory research or function.
- Discuss projects and assignments with principal investigator and/or lab members
- Install and maintain software licenses, updates, and functionality of software under
- Perform computational, statistical, or mathematical investigations as designed by
and with the principal investigator and/or lab members and/or collaborators.
- 0-2 years of related lab experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological science or related
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- College level understanding of calculus and statistics
- Programming experience in at least one language.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be willing to work in an animal-related research environment.
- Satisfactory completion of the Institute’s background investigation.
This position requires constant adjusting focus, grasping, hearing, keying, seeing, sitting, talking, analyzing, calculating, communicating, reading, reasoning, writing, working in confined areas, and working inside.