201100623Full or Part Time:
YesJob Description Summary:
The overall purpose of this position is to perform tasks and duties related to the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of the buildings, equipment and grounds of the university.Duties and Responsibilities:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This job description does not include all of the tasks associated with this position; other duties may be assigned.
• Enter and track maintenance work orders using computerized maintenance management system, including work status, labor and materials.
• Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of University properties including painting, remodeling, and general carpentry, changing lights, switches, ballasts, emergency fixtures, repair or replace plumbing fixtures, gaskets and valves, clears stoppages, painting, etc.
• Move, deliver and repair office/dorm furniture and equipment.
• Assist in the upkeep of landscaping at the University including mowing, raking, and planting of trees and shrubs.
• Perform work from ladders, elevated platforms and rooftops.
• Assist with the maintenance and cleanliness of university vehicles and equipment.
• Assist in snow removal from roads and walkways using snow plows, snow blowers and other equipment.
• Must be able to participate in on-call duty rotation.
• Is responsible for supporting cost savings, quality improvement and safety related goals, projects and initiatives.
• Other assigned duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
• Must be able to respond to after-hour call-ins for snow removal operations and/or other emergencies in a timely manner.
• Must possess a valid Maine driver’s license.
• Must be able to work well independently or as part of a team and adhere to university policies.
• Must have regular and punctual attendance.
• Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and nights when required.
• Must be able to work independently or as a team while maximizing time efficiently.
Education: High school diploma required
Experience: Two years’ experience and/or training are preferred. Basic computer experience is required. Basic knowledge of tools and equipment related to this job description is required.Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to continuously reach and work overhead. The employee is also required to frequently stand, walk, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs and ladders (with heights from 4 to 12 feet), talk, and use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel. The employee is also required to occasionally sit, crawl, climb into and out of the waste collections truck, operate foot controls on automobiles and equipment, push/pull and lift/carry equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds, and work while on ladders, staging, and lifts. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.Open Until Filled:
NoQuick Link to Posting: