Executive Assistant 1
Executive Assistant 1🔍School of Engineering, Stanford, California, United States📁Administration📅Aug 27, 2020 Post Date📅87160 Requisition #Executive Assistant 1The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems. Department of Bioengineering
Stanford Bioengineering is a dynamic and rapidly growing department within the Stanford Schools of Engineering and Medicine. For more than a decade, the Department of Bioengineering has sought to advance bioengineering as a fundamental engineering discipline grounded in basic sciences, powered by unique engineering concepts and principles, capable of realizing many diverse applications. Our community ranges broadly from world class faculty and students, to esteemed alumni and dynamic administrators, our community includes some of the world's most successful leaders in bioengineering technology and business. The Department of Bioengineering seeks an Executive Assistant to provide administrative and operational support and leadership for our rapidly growing department. Supporitng our Chair and department initiatives, you will be essential to fulfilling our department’s mission. You will work in a dynamic environment that interfaces with many other groups both within and outside of the department and Stanford. You will have the opportunity to drive complex projects and initiatives, serve as a liason between the Chair’s Office, central administration, and external instiutions, vendors, and collaborators. We are looking for a creative, motivated individual to accomplish tasks independently, who is invested in maintaining a positive and productive work culture. Are you personable, proactive, and exude a high-level of customer service? Then bring your talent and passion to join us in seeking solutions to important global problems and educating the next generation of leaders who will make the world a better place! Your responsibilities include:
• Representing the Department of Bioengineering and the Chair’s Office by being the first point of contact for guests, collaborators, external entities and inquiries.
• Plan and schedule complex calendar(s) with limited or no consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts. Negotiate and manage the needs of individuals or groups requesting time with the Chair, independently committing her time. May occasionally represent the supervisor by attending meetings in her absence and/or acquiring appropriate representation on her behalf; speaking for the Chair and/or DFA.
• Act on behalf of the Chair and/or DFA in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature. Use independent judgment to keep Chair and/or DFA informed of all matters that require her attention.
• Serve as the liaison to various internal and external constituencies, including screening correspondence and telephone calls; keep the Chair and/or DFA informed of all matters requiring her attention.
• Independently prioritize, plan, coordinate and/or oversee logistics and conferences with individuals and entities internal and external to the university, including executive and senior level staff, donors and government officials.
• Compose correspondence; develop, review and edit presentations and documentation; independently research and analyze associated issues and/or compile materials needed for presentation and/or decision making purposes.
• Manage complex business travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
• Prepare reports and analyses, identify adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Anticipate and track initial dates, events and associated action items; follow up with appropriate parties on behalf of supervisor to ensure deadlines are met.
• May also supervise staff.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience:
• High school diploma and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated high-level administrative experience which includes advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
• Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact.
• Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
Certifications and Licenses:
• Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
• Frequently sitting.
• Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
• Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
• May work flexible work schedule including weekends.
• Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
• Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu. Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
• Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
• A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
• A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
• Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
• Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more! How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making. The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. I-EJ#GD-EJAdditional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4160
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 87160