Stores Associate - 500970
Stores Associate - 500970
The Stores Associate is a member of Dining Service’s stores team. The Stores Associate is responsible for receiving, shipping, inspecting, stocking, and distributing inventory, and for cleaning related facilities, equipment, and tools.
In the assigned unit, this position may perform some or all of the following:
- Counts, receives, and verifies deliveries against invoices to ensure accuracy. Examines and inspects stock items for wear, defects, damage, or unsafe handling. Reports all discrepancies.
- Packs and unpacks stock items for storage in coolers, dry storeroom, or in other storage areas. Stores stock items according to established procedures.
- Stocks and maintains soda and chemical storage closets.
- Issues and distributes materials, products, and supplies per requisitions, on- and off-premise.
- Cleans and maintains storage areas including dry stores, coolers, freezers, loading dock, and other storage areas.
- Maintains established health, safety, and service standards; establishes and maintains approved sanitation codes and procedures.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Maintains all required logs, records, and files.
- Counts daily, weekly, and monthly inventories, and generates orders.
- Verifies inventory numbers. Investigates discrepancies or adjusts errors.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT: This position requires long periods of standing and walking, and the ability to lift 50 lbs., in conditions that are often, hot, humid, or cold. Must be able to safely use and operate typical stores tools and equipment. Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions, on occasion.
- Intermediate knowledge of food quality standards, safe food handling practices, and procedures.
- Intermediate knowledge of inventory management systems; ability to learn new software programs.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions and procedures.
- Ability to exercise flexibility and to work calmly and efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Ability to monitor and maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a part of a team.
- Required: Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One years’ receiving or stores experience.
- Foodservice experience in a high-volume environment preferred.
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.; 8 hrs./day; 40 hrs./week; rotating days and weekends; weekend hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- This position is designated as essential personnel and, during inclement weather and emergency situations is required to be available to the University as needed.
Pay Grade 3 (Hiring Range $15.00 to $16.00 per hour)
At the University of Richmond, we’re creative, inclusive, and determined. We’re Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There’s only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE