HVAC SupervisorTracking Code514-280 Job Description
Supervises HVAC department, directing work of others and interfacing with external vendors. Identifies, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains commercial gas/electric heating, vapor compression cooling and dehumidification systems. Must understand plumbing principles as they relate to trapping and condensate drains.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observes and adheres to all electrical and refrigeration state, local and federal safety and reporting practices .
- Identifies with class three multi-meter single and three-phase shorted, open, and grounded motors to include compressors.
- Repairs or replaces motor and shaft bearings on air handling equipment—includes repairs to 100+ ton water chiller systems, cooling towers.
- Works with brazing techniques including surface preparation.
- Practices safe handling of pressurized gases such as but not limited to acetylene, oxygen, nitrogen.
- Recovers and reclaims refrigerants.
- Works with VFD and inlet guide vanes.
- Knowledgeable on BMS / EMS systems for troubleshooting, scheduling, etc.
- Directs work of others as needed and provides input on performance reviews, possible discipline issues.
- Maintains a collaborative work environment and works well with others.
- Other duties as assigned.
Grade 06Required Skills
Must be able to perform physically challenging duties associated with field. Good communication skills and the ability to lead, supervise and work collaboratively with others. Good judgment and discretion in fulfilling duties. Must have excellent follow-through. Regular attendance is required. Valid Florida Driver’s License required. Working skills in basic carpentry, sheet metal fabrication, plumbing, a plus. Subject to on-call status as needed or on-call status/recall in the event of emergencies or natural disasters affecting the College of Law. Oversees HVAC for both Gulfport and Tampa campuses. Works to build an environment that promotes and facilitates the success of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence.Required Experience
High-school graduate required. 2 years formal vocational training in HVAC and 3-5 years field experience. Must possess EPA refrigeration certification.Job Location Gulfport, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular