Central Sterile Processing Aide/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleCentral Sterile Processing Aide/UKHCRequisition NumberRE23579Working TitleCentral Sterile AideDepartment NameH3320:Perioperative ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level05Salary Range$12.50-20.00/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
This position requires regularly lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to 50 pounds; and standing or walking with objects weighing up to 25 pounds; intermittently lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing over 50 pounds; and occasionally sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time and performing tasks with repetitive motions (such as typing), and working at heights above four feet and/or in confined spaces. Also involves some risk of injury from moving, lifting or positioning patients, equipment, or materials; and exposure to radiation, burns, cuts/punctures, hazardous chemicals and fumes including waste, temperature extremes, loud noises, blood-borne or airborne pathogens, and recombinant DNA or viral vectors.Shift
6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.Job Summary
Responsible for assembling and processing surgical instrument trays; decontamination of used instruments; answering phone calls; responding to OR requests; and maintaining cleanliness of the department/workstations. This position will also be responsible for delivering and picking up clean and dirty instrumentation throughout hospital while assisting Central Sterile Technicians.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Basic knowledge of aseptic techniques following the universal standard precautions. Must be able to adhere to UK HealthCare policies, read and follow manufacturer guidelines. Central sterile processing certification required within 18 months of hire.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Previous central sterile experience preferred; current CST certification highly preferred.Deadline to Apply09/09/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter