Patient Relations Assistant/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePatient Relations Assistant/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24311Working TitlePatient Relations AssistantDepartment NameH3020:Admitting and Registration ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level06Salary Range$13.58-21.83/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3.5 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
The physical requirements for this position include regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motion (such as typing); walking including pushing, pulling, and/or lifting up to 10lbs and occasional pushing, pulling, and/or lifting objects up to 50lbs.Shift
Primarily day shift, Monday-Friday, 9a-5p with availability to work weekends and holidays per departmental needs.Job Summary
The Patient Relations Assistant is responsible for admitting and registration of patients to UK HealthCare for both Inpatient and Outpatient Services, Direct Admission, and OB Triage/Admit.
The Patient Relations Assistant is responsible for admitting and registration of patients to UK HealthCare for both Inpatient and Outpatient Services, Direct Admission, and OB Triage/Admit. some Outpatient services, and Transport Department. (Delete underlined)They will identify opportunities to provide a positive customer experience by monitoring wait times, resolve patient complaints, and collaborate to prevent and resolve service failure process problems; they will collect demographic information and will communicate with insurance providers to verify coverage and benefits; work closely with medical, ancillary, and clerical staff in a clinical setting; collect co-pays and payments from patients; and maintain HIPAA compliance regarding release of patient information. Includes other clerical and medical records tasks as needed. Please apply for any and all positions you feel qualified.
If you do not apply for a specific position, you cannot be considered for the position.
Internal Employee Being Considered (IEBC)Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will have extensive customer service experience and able to communicate in a calm and helpful manner during stressful and/or crisis situations. Should have the ability to pay high attention to detail; work with a teamwork mindset; have data entry skills and respect for confidentiality; be able to prioritize tasks efficiently; and work in multiple systems simultaneously.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Proven track record of providing exceptional customer service and 3.5 years experience in medical office work preferred. Prior patient registration and insurance verification experience highly preferred. Associates Degree preferred.Deadline to Apply09/08/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of clerical registration experience do you have?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * How much customer service experience do you have?
- More than 0 up through and including 1 year
- More than 1 year up through and including 3 years
- More than 3 years up through and including 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * How many years of cash handling experience do you have?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Rate your level of computer experience.
- No computer experience
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter