Job Title: Accountant III
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220360
Verify and post a variety of financial transactions in accordance with accounting principles and Institute policy. Compile and analyze financial data, often complex in structure, and generate related schedules and reports. May provide guidance and work direction to other accounting personnel. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: co workers and other campus financial personnel. This position typically will advise and counsel: other accounting personnel. This position will supervise: N/AResponsibilities
Job Duty 1 -
Compile and verify the accuracy and validity of complex accounting transactions, often requiring in-depth analysis and resolution
Job Duty 2 -
Prepare reconciliations of a variety financial data
Job Duty 3 -
Post and or review posting of transactions to appropriate accounts
Job Duty 4 -
Prepare and review financial schedules and reports
Job Duty 5 -
Maintain financial records
Job Duty 6 -
Prepare budget revisions, as needed
Job Duty 7 -
May provide explanations and/or work direction to other accountants and clerical personnel regarding more complex assignments
Job Duty 8 -
Perform other duties as assigned
- Additional expectations of this Accountant III position in the Controller's Office include, but are not limited to:Prepare monthly financial statements for affiliated organizationsAssist in preparation of financial statements, footnotes to the statements, and management reports for Georgia Tech’s affiliated organizations.
- Work with the Property Control department on the reconciliation of activity in the equipment accounts.
- Assist in the fiscal year-end close-out of the Capital Ledger and preparation of Georgia Tech’s Annual Financial Report.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Assist in 990 tax preparation for affiliated organizations.
- Prepare 1099 Tax Forms for affiliated organizations. Handle special projects as assigned by management and senior accounting staff.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Three years of job related experience
- Candidate must be able to apply dvanced accounting principles and practices as they relate to recording and reporting financial transactions.
- Candidate must have analytical and problem solving skills
- Candidate must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Candidate must be able to prioritize tasks as needed.
- Candidate must have strong attention to detail.
- Candidate must have follow-through skills and be goal-oriented.
- Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication.
- Candidate must be able to work well in a team environment.
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.Background Check
Additional Information: **Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please visit http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/pre-employment-screening to obtain GT's background and credit policy.