Job Title: Compensation Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220362
Oversee the planning, design, implementation, and communication of compensation programs consistent with the lnstitute's strategic objectives. Plan, develop and implement new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the Institute's goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring through audits, legal reports and personal interactions that Institute compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with Institute policies and government regulations. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing performance, providing feedback, and making pay recommendations. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: campus leadership, Human Resource Representatives and Human Resources management and staff. This position typically will advise and counsel: campus leadership, Human Resource Representatives and Compensation staff. This position will supervise: Compensation staff personnel.Responsibilities
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision: coordinates implementation and provides guidance to the Institute.
- Research, propose, and coordinate compensation and salary administrative programs. Research, design, and implement employee policies and procedures.
- Provide advice on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Develop techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Supervise the participation in, conducts and/ or purchases salary surveys to ensure Institute compensation objectives arc achieved.
- Keep apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure Institute compliance.
- Administer pay programs with the objective of internal equity and consistent pay practices that adhere to Institute and BOR policy when making compensation determinations regarding job families, classifications, and salary progression.
- Review all compensation actions (promotions, new hires, reclassifications, etc.) to ensure consistency and accuracy in the administration of the compensation plan of the Institute.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation polices, guidelines, & procedures.
- Assist in day to day operations administration and provide periodic departmental reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Other Required Qualifications
Overnight travel required for project delivery; flexibility in on-site daily service delivery hours in Human Resources, Human Resources, Business Administration or related (due to client shift schedules, project requirements).
Six to eight years of job related experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
CCP, PHR/SPHR, and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's Degree in Human Resources, Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
Business Acumen, Communication, Consultation, Critical Evaluation, Ethical Practice, HR Expertise, Leadership, Relationship Management, Mathematical aptitude, proficiency in MS Excel. Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations. Knowledge of staff, faculty, and research compensation structures in higher education.
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
Standard Background Check