UTS-Temporary Housekeeping Pool - Night Shift at NC State
Position DetailsVacancy TypeTemporaryIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleUTS-Temporary Housekeeping Pool - Night Shift at NC StateSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$11/hr.Position Number48LS73Work Schedule10:30PM - 7AM, Sunday (Thursday Evening) - Friday (Morning)Full Time Equivalent (FTE)1.0Department480501 - HR University Temporary Services (UTS)Department Job City & StateRaleigh, NCEssential Job Duties
• Performing routine manual housekeeping work cleaning various areas within campus.
• Cleaning, mopping, scrubbing, sweeping, and vacuuming floors, stairwells and hallways; cleaning lavatories; washing windows; moving furniture to thoroughly clean areas; collecting and removing trash.
*This is an ongoing recruitment.Other Work/ResponsibilitiesMinimum Experience/Education
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 months of experience in Housekeeping- Knowledge of cleaning procedures, ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work (with or without reasonable accommodation); or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Special certification may be required for some of these positions.Departmental Required Skills
• Must have working knowledge of housekeeping and cleaning procedures including the proper utilization of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
• Must be able to read, write and follow direct written and oral instructions.
• Must be able to visually inspect work area to assure it has been cleaned.
• Walking, bending, stooping and lifting up to 50 lbs.
• 6+ months of professional housekeeping experience.Required License or Certification
• Some sections may require a valid North Carolina Driver’s License.Special InstructionsJob Open Date08/20/2020Must Be Open Until
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.09/22/2020Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire DateAA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your experience with professional housekeeping to include the type of establishments you worked in and the clients it served. (See resume is not acceptable)
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you able to lift up to 50 lbs on a frequent basis, with or without a reasonable accommodation?
- * Stooping, bending, climbing, lifting, pulling and walking are all routinely involved in conducting activities of this position. Will you be able to perform these activities?
- * Do you have a minimum of 6 months of professional housekeeping experience?
- * How did you hear about University Temporary Services?
(Open Ended Question)
- Contact Information for References