Full-time Application Developer
Under the general supervision of the Chief Information Officer, the Application Developer designs and develops creative solutions using various technologies in an agile, open, and collaborative environment. Working in a team-oriented environment, the Application Developer will have the freedom to utilize new and innovative approaches to provide the right solutions.
The Application Developer will develop systems to facilitate end-to-end data flows that enable robust client solutions. This position works closely with stakeholders and the development team to define needs and requirements, and then present them with the most appropriate solution from the product portfolio or third-party tools. The position requires a well-versed mind in modern technology disciplines, specifically in the integration and middleware arenas, with recent hands-on coding and Cloud Architecture experience. Remote working arrangements are available for this position.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Develop clean, modern, cross-browser, mobile friendly, and standard-compliant applications.
- Work closely with business/functional leads to learn how existing Salesforce workflows support their department processes. Identify gaps and translate them into technical requirements.
- Produce optimum code to meet design specifications using Apex, VisualForce, lightning components and other technologies.
- Facilitate UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and follow best change management practices.
- Design and develop SQL databases.
- Perform data migration tasks/data load and environment setup/management whenever applicable.
- Develop and maintain integrations between College enterprise and third party systems. Design, develop and support cloud-to-cloud, cloud-to-ground, and ground-to-ground integrations between enterprise systems.
- Manage security for cloud-based applications.
- Design, develop, and support Salesforce processes, administration, and workflows.
- Develop and support Student Information System and portal.
- Online form creation and integration. Active Directory support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of designing within Salesforce, and other cloud based applications.
- Knowledge and support of FormAssembly or other form building tools.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Knowledge of Integration Brokers, preferably Informatica.
- Knowledge of Active Directory hosted in Azure.
- Skilled in Enterprise reporting solution design.
- Skilled in using .NET Framework, MS SQL Server, Structured Query Language (SQL), Visual Studio, C#, ASP.Net, VB.NET, and XML.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in office area as well as throughout the College. Sit at workstation for prolonged periods of time. Stand, bend, and move intermittently during working hours.
- The employee will be frequently required to walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files, as well as the outside elements at a variety of locations.
- The employee will be required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision.
- The employee must demonstrate strong attention to detail, and must be able to perform complex tasks without error.
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technologies, Computer Programming, or related field.
- Minimum of two years of Salesforce Administrator and Salesforce Developer experience.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with third party system using web services.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with multiple data sources.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within a team and with cross-functional teams, while able to complete assigned projects independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certified Salesforce Administrator
- Certified Salesforce Developer
- Azure or AWS Certified Cloud Solutions Architect
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Apply at nicoletcollege.edu/employment. Attach a cover letter addressing how your background and experience are consistent with the requirements of the position, a current resume, and unofficial college transcripts. Applications received by 4 p.m. on Monday, September 14, 2020 will receive full consideration. The position will remain open until filled.