Student Success Center Desk Worker - Federal Work Study
1. Maintain an official and friendly presence at the front desk.
2. Greet students as they enter the Success Center.
3. Insure that students complete the appropriate log-in and log-out procedures.
4. Assess the purpose of each student’s visit and direct the student to the appropriate tutor or area of the Success Center.
5. Answer the telephone, direct calls, and take detailed messages in an appropriate manner.
6. Maintain the front desk in an orderly manner, keeping it clear of clutter and re-filling forms, hand-outs, brochures and pamphlets as necessary.
7. Do light secretarial work as needed and directed.
8. Assist with record-keeping and data entry as needed and directed.
9. Adhere to and enforce general Success Center policies.
10. Be able to answer general questions from students about computer/software use.
11. Keep tutors updated about changes in forms and policies.
12. Help to manage the weekly schedule, assisting Director with identifying particularly busy hours and tutor absences and tardiness.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Peter Higgins.
• Must be enrolled in at least 6 academic credit hours
• Must like working with people in a sometimes chaotic environment.
• Must have strong communication skills.
• Must have strong organizational skills.
• Must be literate in basic computer software programs, such as Microsoft Word.
• Must be able to do some walking, standing, and stooping; must be able to carry light items.
• Must comply with rules and regulations of governing institution.
- * Are you eligible for the Federal Work Study Program?
- * Are you planning to be enrolled in at least six credit hours?