BILLING TEAM LEAD
BILLING TEAM LEAD
Posting Number: SRGV4494
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
Responsible for the daily functions of the coding area including, but not limited to, overseeing the efficient operation of the coding and charge entry processes, managing workloads, working closely with staff to ensure coding accuracy, coaching, and training staff, monitoring productivity and reporting, and working with management team for operation improvement and excellence. To ensure adherence to third-party payer regulatory and legal guidelines, department policies and procedures and report to the Revenue Cycle Manager.
Description of Duties:
• Supervises and coordinates all activities of assigned staff.
• Monitors services performed to ensure all encounters are captured (charge capture reports), coded and billed within timeframes.
• Analyzes reports to monitor and improve efficiency, accuracy, and determine allocation of workload in order to ensure department goals are met.
• Identifies denials trends and educates coding team and/or requests system edits as needed.
• Conducts billing audits to ensure the accuracy of the codes assigned and re-trains and/or initiates coaching as necessary.
• Ensures medical coding is conducted in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines and requirements.
• Works with leadership to develop and implement coding policies and procedures, in accordance with Federal, State, and payer regulations and guidelines.
• Assists with payor coding denials, patient questions related to coding/billing issues, and makes decisions on whether to appeal claims for payment.
• Analyzes and assigns accurate ICD10 and CPT/HCPCS codes from physician documentation while ensuring they adhere to all appropriate Federal, State and payer coding guidelines.
• Understands Medicare billing rules (i.e. LCD/NCD, CCI, Medical Necessity, and ABN) and communicates this information to staff, management and physicians as needed.
• Evaluate and implements billing/coding processes to ensure accurate reimbursement.
• Serves as a resource to providers and clinical staff on coding questions and documentation requirements/guidelines.
• Assists in the developing and presenting of on-going provider (including residents) coding education on a monthly, quarterly, annual or as needed basis.
• Effectively utilizes ICD, CPT/HCPCS and related materials to investigate coding issues and produce accurate results.
• Reports on key quality, service, and coding productivity indicators on a regular basis to upper management.
• Stays abreast of current changes in coding and reimbursement requirements for government programs and other third-party payers.
• Assists Healthcare Application Analysts with conducting system testing, provides feedback, and supports conversions/implementations of coding and charge entry issues.
• Analyzes and reviews policies and procedures to ensure efficient department operations and makes recommendations to the Revenue Cycle Manager as needed for improvement.
• Participates in the hiring, training and evaluation of staff. Enhances professional growth and development by attending meetings, seminars, conferences, and continuing education courses.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
• Associate Degree in Healthcare related field, or • Two (2) years of the required experience in lieu of associate degree in addition to the required experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
One of the following: Certified Professional Coder (CPC) from American Academy Professional Coders (AAPC) or Certified Coding Specialist-P (CCS-P) from the American Health Information Management Association will be required after 6 months of employment.
Four (4) years of medical coding experience in a multi-specialty practice or ambulatory setting or healthcare facility, including knowledge of the claims billing, third-party payer collections & regulations, and reimbursement processes.
Use of standard office equipment. Proficient use of computers and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office/clinic environment; Requires travel to provide on-site coding education to the providers, resident, and clinic staff. Some weekend work is required. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Must have knowledge of CPT/HCPCS and ICD10 coding systems and billing compliance rules. Ability to educate/train others as needed and foster a cooperative work environment. Excellent time management skills. Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal. Must demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 07/06/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25602
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency