Building Maintenance Worker
Classification Title:Building Maintenance WorkerPosition Title:Building Maintenance WorkerPosition Type:StaffDepartment:FacilitiesJob Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for participating in the maintenance of college buildings, facilities and equipment.
•Inspects buildings, fixtures, machines and other structural or mechanical units and notes repair needs; performs minor maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating.
•Changes, washes, and cuts filters for air conditioners; checks for bad bearings.
•Repairs, hangs and installs blinds and window shades; installs drapery rods and hangs drapes.
•Installs restroom accessories.
•Replaces glass, screens, locks and door latches.
•Repairs doors and door locks.
•Repairs chairs, cabinets, shelves and other furniture.
•Installs commodes, lavatories, urinals and faucets.
•Changes ballasts, light bulbs, and smoke alarms.
•Paints interior and exterior surfaces.
•Locates and repairs leaks.
•Performs related duties as assigned.
Position is subject to pre-employment, post-accident, and random drug testing.
Salary is 23,795.36.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions associated with the work.
• Knowledge of plumbing and electrical system installation, maintenance and repair.
• Skill in the use of hand and power tools.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in the completion of a variety of reports.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
•Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
•Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for two years.
•Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Preferred Qualifications:Posting Date:06/07/2019Closing Date:06/28/2019Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Less than high school/GED
- High school/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- * Do you have a valid Georgia Drivers License?
- * Please describe your related experience.
(Open Ended Question)