Instructor- Speech Language Pathologist
The Marcus Institute for Brain HealthInstructor- Speech Language Pathologist
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
TheMarcus Institute for Brain Health (MIBH) at the University of Colorado AnschutzMedical Campus is an interdisciplinary clinicalcare and research institute for traumatic brain injury (TBI), and associatedphysical and psychological health conditions suchas post-traumatic stress, depression and anxiety. The primary focus of the MIBHis to care for former military personnel who have separated from active duty,with special consideration for those who were separated with “Other ThanHonorable” or “Dishonorable” discharge status due to TBI or psychological conditions. The MIBH also serves civilian adults who have sustained mild to moderateTBI and are experiencing ongoing neurological problems and cognitive,physical, and psychological conditions. TheMIBH provides comprehensive interdisciplinary intensive outpatient evaluationand treatment integrating novel medical, and complementary-alternativetreatment modalities.
The MIBH currently seeks a full-time licensed Speech-LanguagePathologist who will work within the MIBH interdisciplinary team. The responsibilities of this position focus on direct patient care.Additional responsibilities include providing a local and national presenceregarding best practices for speech-language pathology in the field of mildtraumatic brain injury.
JobResponsibilities: Dutiesinclude but are not limited to:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels within a dynamic workplace
- Ability to maintain a positive and cooperative attitude
- Ability to organize and prioritize with minimal direction and maintain a well-organized work environment
- Ability to problem-solve, use good judgement, and deal with diverse and difficult personalities
- Ability to search and critically review best evidence to guide clinical decision making and effectively share knowledge with colleagues as well as communicate relevant findings in appropriate language to the general public
- Ability to set objectives, establish priorities and follow initiatives
- Ability to work in continually changing conditions
- Ability to work under moderate to high levels of stress
- Current knowledge of or willingness to learn about military culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including the ability to work with a variety of applications
Salary and Benefits:Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services. University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees priorto their employment. The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities. Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversityand Equity:Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
* Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the timeof hire.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Aug 26, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing