Requisition InformationPosted with Limited AccessNoLimited Access Period Ending DateTitleReceiverPosting NumberS01452Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-timeTypical Hours Per Week40Regular, Temporary or TermRegularIf temporary or term, enter anticipated end dateBenefits Eligible?YesHourly/SalariedHourlyGradeOP2Hiring Minimum15.00DepartmentDining ServicesLocationMiddlebury, VT CampusHire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screeningCriminal Background CheckPosition Summary
Oversee the functions that ensure that all inventoried items are properly ordered, handled, stored, distributed, tracked, inventoried and accounted for.
Must be able to operate independently and make autonomous decisions involving handling all food and non food items. Must have a keen knowledge of food handling, preparation and cooking.Essential Functions
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
The receiver is the sole person responsible for ordering all food and non food items into each unit. The receiver must possess a broad understanding of food, specifically: how to handle, store and cook the items they order, how to navigate the storeroom and coolers using the guides provided to order sufficient supplies to allow the operation to function, the ability to digest complex conversions of raw product into usable portions that will be cooked and served and ordering adequate amounts of food to have everything available for daily production in each unit.
- Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from supervisors.
- Receives deliveries of all food and non food items. Stores appropriately and finishes the process of receiving invoices.
- Checks product in upon arrival, noting integrity of the packaging, spot checking cases of product for quality and confirming the accurate weights of some weighted items.
- Daily inventories, stocks and stores food supplies in appropriate area and rotates stock to properly maintain the integrity of all supplies and food items.
- Maintains organization in inventory areas using bin/shelf storage system that coincides with the order/inventory sheets.
- Notes freezer, paper, plastic, and chemical inventories to ensure efficient use of product.
- Issues supplies and inventory as necessary to food service units. Generates required transfer document to correctly direct charges for items that leave the building.
- Maintains accurate and adequate stock levels of all items within the dining operation.
- Ensures proper sanitation procedures are followed when thawing and storing other food items.
- Assists with Eatec data entry as required.
- Processes copies of receiver invoice documents to the Dining Services office.
- Uses production records and other ordering lists to create a purchase document entered into Eatec that the Chef will place an order from. Reviews the confirmation document to be mindful of what will arrive and when and make arrangements to fill in with any shortages that might occur.
- Performs other duties as assigned to assist the department in obtaining and maintaining its mission.
High school diploma or equivalent experience required.
CDL helpful. Must obtain a Middlebury College Drivers license to drive the gator, van and delivery truck within three months of being hired.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have knowledge of food storage requirements and inventory tracking. Must be familiar with produce handling, seafood handling, and meat cuts and handling.
- Must also have a keen understanding of fabrication and production yields and cooking techniques and methods.
- Must successfully pass the Serve Safe Managers Level training course within a year after hire.
- Delivers and acts as the Truck Driver as necessary.
- Must have acceptable customer service skills as this position interacts with drivers, farmers and sales representatives from our distributors.
- Must have a basic understanding of computers and data entry for ordering, receiving, inventorying and transferring products in and out of your unit.
- 2-3 years of previous experience in inventory/stockroom procedures.
- Experience with ordering software programs helpful. Basic computer experience required.
- Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. numerous times each day and up to 50 lbs. several times each day.
- Must be able to push and pull up to 150 lbs. frequently. This job requires long periods of walking and standing. Also requires frequent bending, twisting, kneeling and reaching overhead.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.Recommendation Letter RequirementsSupplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Middlebury website
- Employee Referral
- Newspaper advertisement
- Vermont JobLink
- Inside Higher Ed
- Google Ads
- Seven Days
- * If you learned of this employment opportunity from a source other than what is mentioned above, please list it here.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2