Director of Facilities and Sustainability
Position Overview: Reporting to the Vice Chancellor for Finance, the Director of Facilities and Sustainability provides strategic leadership and professional direction for facilities-related functions at institutions, including facilities management, capital planning, project management, design and construction. The Director of Facilities and Sustainability is charged with articulating a vision for facilities management, developing a plan for that vision (while ensuring that vision aligns with the Commissions overall mission), and implementing the plan. The Director provides leadership, knowledge, and expertise to sustain and support the building environment and to deliver student-focused services and solutions.
Classification: Fulltime, Non-Classified, Benefit-Eligible Position
- Develop, revise and update capital project and facilities management policies and procedures. Provide policy and procedural advice to the Chancellor, Executive Vice Chancellor for Administration and the Vice Chancellor for Finance on capital projects and facilities maintenance. Assists in the system-wide oversight of these areas.
- Provides policy and procedural advice to institutional Presidents, Vice Presidents for Administration, and Physical Plant Directors on capital project management and facilities management.
- Oversee the development of the systems’ facility plans including the accumulation of capacity utilization and capital needs data.
- Interacts with the West Virginia Department of Administration, Contractors Association of West Virginia, West Virginia Society of Architects and other stakeholders regarding facilities and capital project issues.
- Coordinate preparation for approval and presents the Higher Education Policy Commission’s capital project priorities to LOCEA (the Legislative Oversight Commission on Education Accountability), as required by law.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
The successful candidate will possess attention to detail, ability to manage competing demands, and work independently. Additionally, the candidate will be able to establish good working relationships with external stakeholders, as well as possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and experience: An accredited Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or a related field is required. Five years of relevant work experience is required. Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification is required.
Related experience in higher education is preferred. Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration or related field is preferred.
However, any requisite combination of education and experience will be considered.
Salary Range: Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Closing date: Priority consideration will be given to application materials received on or before September 11, 2020. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Application process: Qualified candidates must submit a letter of interest, a current resume, and titles, phone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Final candidates are subject to employment and credential verification, as well as reference and background checks. Submit all information electronically via e-mail with “Director of Facilities and Sustainability” in the subject line to: Ms. Vickie Hairston, HR Representative, Senior at [email protected].
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled
The West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission and the Community and Technical College System of West Virginia are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The Commission and Council provide a collegial, respectful and inclusive environment that values the diversity, creativity and contributions of its staff.
Apply for Director of Facilities and Sustainability
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly