Part-Time Educational Aide, Learning Commons Business Tutor
Title:Part-Time Educational Aide, Learning Commons Business Tutor Opportunity Type:Part-time Position Type:Student (Part-time) Position Classification:Non-Exempt Home Department:Learning Commons Open until filled:Yes Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Compensation: Salary of $8.56 per hour as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Limited to no more than 25 hours per week.Description:The Tutor Training Program at Santa Fe College aims to recruit, train, support, and retain qualified personnel to work in concert with faculty and student support staff to create a holistic academic experience. The program’s ongoing training focuses on creating a culture that encourages continuous improvement for students, tutors, and other staff members. The following 6 goals focus on creating a student-centered environment that provides equal service to individuals at all levels of education and preparedness:
- Assist students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
- Create an atmosphere of collaboration, trust, and respect among students, faculty, and tutors.
- Provide consistent and standardized tutoring services for students in multiple disciplines and levels.
- Provide students with quality tutoring services at Santa Fe's main campus, as well as its satellite educational centers.
- Assist students with subject-matter questions, but also with goal-setting, planning, time-management, and study skills.
- Integrate education about and referral to College resources into academic-support interactions.
- Under general supervision, provide tutoring to students in economics and/or accounting.
- Participate in on-going training and evaluation cycle, as assigned.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Coordinator, STEM TutorQualifications:
Required: Educational Aide employees must be a currently enrolled Santa Fe College student, in good academic and behavioral standing, and taking six (6) or more credit hours. Additionally, the student tutor must meet the following:
- Grade of a B or higher in the subject being tutored AND/OR documented experience equivalent to a grade of B or higher in the subject/content being tutored.
- All applicants must have completed the below courses for their tutoring areas:
- Economics: ECO 2013 and/or ECO 2023, and/or
- Accounting: ACG 2021 (ACG 2001 and ACG 2011) and/or ACG 2071
Other Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted. Prior to an offer of an employment being made, the written approval of a content and/or skill instructor/faculty or the endorsement of a tutor trainer and/or supervisor.
Preferred: Tutoring experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
Application Process: All applicants must complete the SF Employment Application, current class schedule and an up-to-date resume through the job portal to be considered for this position.
All submitted materials will be routed and review by the following job contact.
Coordinator, STEM Tutor
Coordinator, STEM Tutor
[email protected] Required Documents:Resume/Curriculum Vitae, SF Current Class Schedule