Department:: Marketing and Communications
Locations:: Haverhill, MA
Posted:: Aug 26, 2020
Closes:: Sep 18, 2020 - 11:59 PM EDT
Ref. No.:: 216494
Creative Director: Marketing Communications; 37.5 hours per week; Non-Unit Professional Position
Position Summary: The Creative Director is a key member of the Marketing Communications Department which sits within the Institutional Advancement Division. This individual is responsible for conceiving and executing strategic integrated marketing solutions to diverse audience segments across multiple delivery channels. Developing integrated creative solutions that support and enhance existing strategic goals is essential. This position will play a lead role in a strategic reorganization that is intended to transfer the department from a team that produces one-off creative deliverables to a department that delivers creative strategies and solutions. This individual manages projects that are institutional in scope, as well as projects that are driven by internal stakeholder needs. There is also a day-to-day need to manage interactions with external vendors and resources. The ability to manage timelines, shifting priorities, and stakeholder expectations are key responsibilities.
Reports To: Chief Marketing Officer
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Creative Direction 40%:
- Work as part of the Marketing Communications team to develop innovative integrated marketing solutions that will help tell the NECC story in a strategic, creative, and dynamic way.
- Drive and coordinate a holistic and creative approach across all functional areas within the MarComm team.
- Understand business, project, and institutional expectations to develop strategically aligned design solutions for all forms of promotion (print, web/digital, outdoor, transit, etc.).
- Attend various college events and meet regularly with internal stakeholders, current students, corporate partners, and alumni to gain a thorough understanding of how various constituencies interact with and benefit from their relationship with NECC.
- Develop and refine comprehensive institutional brand style guidelines.
- Develop promotional content in support of existing marketing strategies for delivery across various channels and platforms.
- Represent the college at external functions as required.
Project Management 40%:
- Manage timelines, budget parameters, and shifting priorities to insure all project deadlines are adhered to and all quality standards are met.
- Manage the prioritization of all departmental initiatives that require cross-functional support within the team.
- Monitor and drive all integrated initiatives that require collaboration with other MarComm team members.
- Manage internal stakeholder/client expectations to insure both strategic alignment and customer satisfaction.
- Manage interactions with external vendors and support services, including: quotes, timelines, delivery, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Graphic Design 20%:
- Design and produce a broad list of marketing deliverables, including: brochures, flyers, posters, digital graphics, signage, and more.
- Creatively use color, typography, and imagery to deliver effective designs within institutional brand style guidelines.
- Work with a variety of software tools (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) to develop effective design solutions.
- Prepare files for a wide range of vendors (print, digital, signage, etc.) to allow them to execute desired deliverables.
- Utilize best practices to be sure college online publications are Section 508 ADA compliant.
Staff Supervision Responsibilities:
- Direct the day-to-day supervision of MarComm's Administrative Assistant position, and provide direction/leadership responsibilities for all cross-functional projects involving other MarComm team members.
- Bring a big picture, holistic approach to all institutional integrated marketing activities.
- Provide leadership and vision for a strategic reorganization that will help transform the department from a job shop into an integrated marketing team.
- Insure that all integrated marketing activities are strategically aligned with overarching departmental and institutional goals.
- Take the lead role with regards to prioritization and direction when working on all initiatives and projects that require an integrated team approach.
- Advance the college's visual identity and develop comprehensive institutional visual guidelines.
- Insure the college's promotional activities are visually effective in helping the community we serve understand our story, our mission, and our intended marketing goals.
- Insure the college's communication efforts are achieving the desired strategic results.
- Bachelor's degree in related field such as Multi-Media Design or Marketing Communications, as well as a minimum of five years of professional visual communication design experience.
- Experience developing effective design solutions across print, digital, and web platforms.
- Proficiency in multiple design tools (such as; Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator).
- Experience with ideation, storytelling, prototyping, and concept visualization.
- Experience developing and refining institutional brand standards and guidelines.
- Experience with Section 508 ADA compliance standards and expectations.
- A proven ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from project stakeholders.
- A proven ability to manage stakeholder expectations within the parameters and of the college's strategic vision.
- Strong project, organizational, and time management skills with excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively, and in a collegial and professional manner, with students, faculty, staff, and internal/external stakeholders.
- Some marketing content development experience.
- Experience in higher education marketing
- WordPress platform experience
SALARY: Anticipated starting is $70,000.00 annually with complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, dental insurance, basic life insurance,
long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter & resume online
DEADLINE: September 18, 2020 POST#: 216494
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219, 978-556-3928/ [email protected] Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery