Vice President - Business & Finance
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President - Business & Finance (VPBF) serves as the chief financial officer of the University and works to create a culture of responsible stewardship of institutional resources. The VPBF is responsible for leading key business functions for the university, including finance, accounting, property, facilities, human resources, information technology in support of the achievement of UCCI’s mission and strategy. The VPBF requires the employee to be accountable for: accurate financial results, budgets and other financial matters; remuneration, benefits and terms of employment; risk management, financial controls and control environment; health and safety; and related administrative operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, information technology, business or a related field; CPA, CMA
- 10 years progressively responsible financial leadership experience, or 15 years relevant experience in a related department or discipline;
- 5 years in a senior administrative role;
- Experience in a four-year tertiary institution (preferred);
- Demonstrated technical competence in financial functional areas including financial reporting, internal controls, policy development, financial planning and budgeting
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and work proactively;
- Impeccable commitment to operating with high standards of ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility and trust with broad and diverse constituencies;
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to engage others to address complex issues;
- Ability to balance competing demands and multiple responsibilities.
- Provide financial and business guidance to support the University’s mission and goals;
- Oversee key administrative functions for the University, including Finance, Facilities, and Auxiliary Services;
- Oversee all financial operations including revenue collection, budgeting, reporting, financial aid, accounting, procurement, cash management, and risk and asset management;
- Ensure the provision of adequate, accurate and timely data for strategic decision-making and operational leadership;
- Develop financial planning processes to prioritize and ensure that the short and long term financial plans;
- Lead the development of policies, planning guidelines, and procedures for the University's capital planning;
- Oversee bursary functions;
- Provide analysis and recommendations regarding the University’s financial policies and access to financing.
How to apply
Submit a CV and cover letter along with 5 professional references to [email protected] by September 21, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Vice President - Business & Finance
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly