Truck Driving Instructor (Full-time)
To advance the college’s mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The instructor will be responsible for the in truck instruction of the professional truck driving program, both on the truck driving range and on the road. They will be responsible for evaluating and reporting student performance and progress in the identified formats. In this position instructors will work with students at varying levels of proficiency and understanding.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Maintain student engagement in a variety of settings, including: within the truck cab, on the truck driving range, and within the classroom.
- Able to provide information to students through demonstration, written communication, and verbal instructions.
- Complete timely and accurate student performance records.
- Perform pre and post trip inspections regularly and accurately.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Provide expert instructional information as related to the transportation industry in a professional method.
- Possess a high degree of attention to prevent injury to learners, staff, and public.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of three years professional driving experience over-the-road required.
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) from the state of Iowa and good driving record.
- Must pass DOT long form physical and drug test.
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family, marital status or veteran status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: [email protected] or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison St., Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, Telephone: 312-730-1560, Fax: 312-730-1576, Email: [email protected].