Assistant Director of Innovation
Assistant Director of Innovation and Instructor of EntrepreneurshipDesign, Technology and Entrepreneurship (DTE)
The primary role of this staff position within DTE is to teach classes in entrepreneurship and provide administrative support for the innovation-related co-curricular activities. This position will manage a variety of projects and programs related to increasing the entrepreneurial spirit on campus. This is a full time, 9 month position (August 1-April 30).
- Teach three entrepreneurship classes over the course of a year. Maintain office hours for three course load per year.
- Manage and maintain innovation-related co-curricular activities:
- Funding events: 3 Day Startup event, IWU Entrepreneurship Fellowship, and monthly Get Started events
- Student trips: Fall break trip and semester trip
- Alumni engagement: Leadership Circle and Alumni Entrepreneurship Society
- Weekly workshops
- Provide clerical support:
- Manage DTE budget and financial reporting
- Track expenses and order inventory as needed
- Assist in clerical support with guest speakers and meetings as needed.
- Manage 3rd party internship opportunities for students:
- Assist in the Airbnb 3rd party internship and provide support for students as needed.
- Assist in the Bretford internship and provide support for students as needed.
- Assist in future 3rd party internships as needed
- Master’s degree required
- Five years of related work experience
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. Feel free to include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. For full consideration please apply by September 9, 2020. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 309-556-1710 (please use cover sheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University is strongly committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse, inclusive, and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to supporting and further building our community in these dimensions. Illinois Wesleyan University is an EEO Employer.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html. Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.