IT Services Manager
IT Services ManagerInformation Technology Services
The primary role of this staff position within Information Technology Services (ITS) is to be the central coordinating point person for all IT services. Stationed at the help desk/technology support center, this boundary-spanning role will cut across all of IT to ensure high quality services for all faculty, staff and students.
- Provide management and leadership at the Information Technology Support Center (TSC)
- Recruit and train student workers and part time workers in TSC
- Oversee the management of the IT support ticketing system
- Manage the flow of and assignment of tickets serving as the lynchpin between the University Community and IT
- Develop and maintain reports and metrics for IT services
- Architect, develop, and maintain a system of IT communications for the University Community
- Write and disseminate all IT communications with the University Community
- Develop and maintain all IT knowledge base for campus
- Develop and maintain all IT service catalog and FAQ’s for the campus
- Develop and disseminate an IT Services monthly/quarterly newsletter
- Perform duties as a trainer for technology solutions and manage the student labs.
- Create and maintain an inventory of hardware, as well as software licenses, contracts, agreements, and renewal dates
- Provide advice and guidance to the University Community about software and hardware purchases
- Provide training sessions on new/popular software solutions
- Provide overall management and oversight of computer labs on campus
- Collaborate as a member of the IT management team
- Contribute to the management and leadership of IT as a member of the IT Leadership Team
- Represent IT at assigned meetings, taskforces, and special project groups
- Provide management and oversight of the IT desktop/workstation Services segment of the department, including direct supervision
- Assists with the development and upkeep of IT policies
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Experience may substitute for some of the educational requirement.
- Three years of related work experience
- Excellent IT acumen that cuts across disciplines
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. Feel free to include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. For full consideration please apply by September 9, 2020. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 309-556-1710 (please use cover sheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html. Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.