Transportation Driver - Day Shift
Transportation Driver - Day ShiftTracking Code691-674 Job Description
The Transportation Driver will have the ability to learn the Valparaiso University campus geography which includes building and parking lot locations as well as areas in the surrounding community.
Primary duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Will maintain a daily route record and submit to the Parking & Transportation Manager
- Have working knowledge of current Indiana Traffic Laws
- Know proper counter-measures to maintain vehicle stability in inclement weather
- Must have the ability to understand, follow, and execute verbal instructions through two-way radio communications
- Will have the ability to assist and safely transport injured and/or ADA passengers
Monday – Friday – 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
This is a limited full time position.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and listening communications skills and time/stress management
- Will exhibit and provide excellent customer service skills and assist transport
- Have a working knowledge of current Indiana traffic
- Demonstrate the ability to safely drive in inclement weather and operate ADA
- Possess a basic understanding/operation of a smart
- High School Diploma
- Must possess a valid U.S. state issued driver’s license with a record check and background check
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions
Please address cover letters to:
Adam Klos, Parking & Transportation Manager
Valparaiso, IN 46383Job Location Valparaiso, Indiana, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular