Staff Accountant I
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-08-31
Job Description SummaryTo provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate cash reconciliation and reportingJob Description
- Participates in daily, monthly, and annual close processes for all cash accounts and prepares necessary journals and ad hoc banking transactions.
- Complete all daily and monthly bank reconciliations timely and accurately.
- Ensures accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Prepares internal and external cash flow and financial schedules by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger and banks.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Prepare and submit periodic invoices and draw down requests for grant reimbursements.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports on grants for both internal and external users.
- Provides accounting and banking support; converting data to general ledger system;
- obtaining supplementary information as requested.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as
- Assists with both internal and external auditors, institutional employees, and government entities demands for information and accountability for financial and general ledger accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from a regionally accredited college or university
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
- Preferred minimum of 2 years related accounting and finance experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Judgment and problem-solving
- Strong Excel Proficiency
- Work well in team environment
- 2-5 years accounting experience
- Not-for-profit accounting experience/education
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.