Student Worker, COVID Dining Assistant
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-08-26
Job Description SummaryThe Covid Dining Assistants will staff entrances, exits, and thermal camera for capacity, social distancing, and mask wearing; will monitor indoor and outdoor dining seating for compliance and capacity; will clean tables, doors, and other areas to ensure students can safety sit and eat.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Monitor lobby and dining areas to insure proper social distancing guidelines are being observed
- Clean and sanitize dining tables and seating areas
- Assist Dining Services staff by monitoring seating areas for proper capacity
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work flexible hours
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Currently enrolled as a University Campus undergraduate student at Saint Leo University
- High School diploma or equivalent or one year restaurant or industry experience.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable walking, standing, bending, carrying and lifting up to 50 lb.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.