Student Worker, COVID Security Response Team
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-08-26
Job Description SummaryThe Covid Security Response Team will monitor public spaces for compliance; educate fellow students and visitors on University requirements for Covid safety; provide assistance with quarantine food delivery, Safe Ride, and other University Safety functions that help protect the community during Covid.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Assist University Safety with event management supporting University Covid requirements
- Deliver pre-packaged meals to students in quarantine
- Assist with Safe Ride, the late night transportation service on University Campus
- Assist with the education of the University community and visitors on University Covid requirements
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Valid driver’s license and be able to pass a DMV background driving check to become van and golf cart certified.
- Must be an ethical person with strong values of integrity, respect, and confidentiality.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Currently enrolled as a University Campus undergraduate student.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable walking, standing, bending, carrying and lifting up to 50 lb.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.