University Communications Graduate Assistant
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-08-25
Job Description SummaryThe communications graduate assistant, reporting to the director of University Communications, is responsible for preparing communications that help to inform and engage a variety of the university’s internal and external stakeholders. The graduate assistant will be a part of a team of creative storytellers who work to generate awareness for the university and engage others in its life-changing mission.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Works with university departments to gather and write communications for internal and external publications and digital communication channels
- Prepares weekly media monitoring reports for university leadership
- Researches and writes creative stories for the university’s alumni magazine
- Serves as the digital assets manager for Marketing & Communications, ensuring all creative media is stored, indexed, and organized in the online platform
- Performs research for large and small communication campaigns and projects to identify best practices and opportunities for innovation
- Assists communication staff in executing media and promotional efforts for large university initiatives
- Contributes ideas for monthly content planning meetings and prepares them for execution
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong writing skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships
- Attention to detail and organization
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Maintenance of confidentiality regarding university stakeholders
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current enrollment as a full-time student in a Saint Leo University graduate school program is required.
- Graduate students in any major are eligible to apply; although studies in English and business are preferred.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS OR WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to lift 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.