Patient Care Manager/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePatient Care Manager/UKHCRequisition NumberNR08086Working TitlePatient Care Manager/ Pediatric Cardiac ICU/ Kentucky Children's HospitalDepartment NameH3060:Children's/Maternal/Psychiatric SvcsWork LocationLexingtonGrade Level14Salary Range$81,328-137,717/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSNRequired Related Experience
3 years related experience is requiredRequired License/Registration/Certification
Active Kentucky RN license or active compact state license that is in good standing. American Heart Association Basic Life Support(BLS) certification valid for at least 6 months after employment date.Physical Requirements
This position will require the ability to occasionally lift, push, and/or pull 50-100lbs; sitting/standing at a computer workstation for extended periods of time; repetitive motion; risk of injuries from use of equipment on the job; occasional cuts, punctures, bloodborne/airborne pathogens; and occasionally dealing with combative/violent people.Shift
Primarily Monday-Friday days shift with 24 hour accountability for units.UK hospitals operate on a 24-hour, 7-day a week basis. As an exempt level employee, shift will vary and include days, nights, evenings, weekends and holidays per departmental needs.Job Summary
The primary responsibilities are to provide for the safe, effective, and efficient care of the patient as well as to direct the business, technical and nursing support activities of the Pediatric Cardiothoracic ICU (PCICU). This individual is responsible for management of daily operations within the PCICU as well as active collaboration and participation in the administrative and clinical leadership functions for the Joint Pediatric Heart Care Program. Assumes 24 hour accountability for planning, supervising and evaluating the care of patients and nursing practice.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Communication and work life balance
Management of Resources
Evaluation of Staff Performance
Establishes unit standards, policies and procedures
Experience in Pediatric Intensive Care or Cardiothoracic ICU strongly preferred. Satisfactory experience in at least one area of nursing to which person will be responsible is required. Prior management experience and
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Describe your work experience as it relates to the major job responsibilities of this position (see job summary). Focus on any experience in pediatrics, particularly in the critical care setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter