Student: Election Officer
Posting DetailsJob TitleStudent: Election OfficerRequisition NumberSE02687Department Name3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork LocationLexington, KYOn Campus/Off CampusOff CampusSalary RangeAround $12 per hourType of PositionStudentPosition Time Status Part-TimePreferred Education/ExperienceHours per Week
Starting Oct. 13 for early voting through Election Day, Nov. 3, weekdays roughly 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Saturdays 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.Job Summary
You must be a current UK student to apply for this position.
Elections are the cornerstone of our democracy and election officers are the backbone of conducting elections. The Board of Elections is always looking for qualified voters to assist in conducting elections.
The Fayette County Clerk’s Office is seeking election officers to help with in-person voting for the 2020 election. They need people that can work starting Oct. 13 for early voting through Election Day, Nov. 3, weekdays roughly 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Saturdays 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m
Election officers are voters who help ensure the voting process goes smoothly. More than 1200 voters in Fayette County serve as election officers for the Fayette County Board of Elections to ensure that fair and accurate elections are conducted. On Election Day the Board of Elections counts on election officers to efficiently process voters, provide instructions on the proper use of voting equipment, and make sure that everyone who is eligible is given the opportunity to vote. It’s a great way to serve your community and it’s a day to feel proud to be an American.
1. An election officer must be a qualified Democrat or Republican voter in the precinct in which he/she serves unless appointed as an alternate. An alternate must be a registered voter in the county. Registered 17 year olds may serve in the primary election if they will be 18 years old on or before the day of the general election.
2. An election officer cannot have changed party affiliation for one year prior to appointment.
3. An election officer must be able to read and write English.
4. An election officer must attend training sessions required by the Fayette County Board of Elections before each primary and general election.
5. An election officer cannot be a candidate for office during the election year.
6. An election officer cannot be the spouse, parent, brother, sister or child of a candidate who is to be voted for at the election in the precinct in which the election officer will serve on Election Day.
7. An election officer must be able to work from 5:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. or until the polls close, to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 25 pounds.
8. An election officer must have transportation to election training and to the precinct on Election Day.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date10/13/2020Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * You must be a UK student to hold this position. Are you a UK student?