Technology Specialist II - Temporary through June 30, 2022
Technology Specialist II - Temporary through June 30, 2022Requisition IDreq705DepartmentCapital Proj.-DW Technology UpgradeCampusCapitol ParkEmployment TypeClassified-Full TimeJob Close DateApply Immediately; this job posting will be closed once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
Portland Community College is seeking a Network Engineers (Technology Specialist II). In this role, the employee will analyze and troubleshoot issues related to enterprise network problems, configure and install new and replacement network hardware, and proactively monitor and maintain network performance using diagnostic tools. The successful applicant will be a strong communicator and be able to provide clear written and verbal communication regarding network status and issues.
Does this sound like the job for you?
This is a temporary Bond position through June 30, 2022.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Broad knowledge of network technologies and equipment. Experience with Palo Alto Firewall, Aruba Wireless and Juniper network switches/routers is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem management, organization, communication and customer service skills.
- Well versed with the engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems.
- Knowledge of enterprise security principles.
- Certifications for Juniper Network Certified Professional, Aruba Design and/or Clearpass and/or Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator a plus.
- Advanced troubleshooting with Wireshark, packet capture and analysis, TCP dumps.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to work within a group and independently.
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- Associate’s degree in a computer or other related technical discipline (Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.)
- Two years of applied work experience in server and/or network support services
- Must possess state-of-the-art knowledge of computer network and/or server technology such as TCP/IP, Microsoft Windows, UNIX, LINUX and NetWare, and be familiar with hardware and software diagnostics. The above-mentioned qualifications could be demonstrated by possessing one of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age. Partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions (full-time employees only).
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- Starts at 8 hours of vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of sick leave per month
- 24 hours of additional personal leave days per year
- 11 Paid holidays
Work schedule requirements include early and late hours and weekends to meet timelines, provide off-hour maintenance, and respond to emergency situations. Must provide own transportation for travel between campuses and off-site locations.
Work is performed in an office environment with frequent interruptions and work pressure due to multiple priorities and deadlines. Exposure to video display terminals occurs on a regular basis. The work environment also includes high computer-related noise levels (may require use of ear plugs), paper and equipment generated dust and exposure to cleaning fluids and other materials for cleaning equipment.
Position involves some medium to heavy lifting. Routine standing, walking and lifting of equipment (30-50 pounds). Learned physical skill for keyboarding and operating complex network and computing equipment.
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA