Research Lab Manager - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2020)
Position Title:Research Lab Manager - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2020) Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:09/18/2020 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Research Lab Manager. Student workers (2) selected for this role will be responsible for maintaining the health and wellbeing of the mice in our research vivarium.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Maintain a schedule of animal facility cleanings and daily animal checks
- Oversee cage cleaning and daily checks on animals
- Training students to conduct cleaning and daily check
- Meeting the animals needs of faculty research by maintaining breeding pairs and association documentation
- Maintaining and updating a digital inventory of animals and all supplies
- Taking increased responsibility for the animal facility during the summer, holiday breaks, and during emergency weather and electrical power situations
- Maintaining constant communication with faculty involved in with animals research regarding the health of the animals and any additional information regarding the animal facility.
- Training will be provided for all necessary skills and abilities.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Past experience in animal care and husbandry is preferred, but it is not necessary; training will be provided and is required to be completed prior to the start date.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.