Academic Intern- Music
Date: July 21, 2020
Title: Academic Intern- Music (2020-2021)
Description: Under the supervision of the Chair of the Department of Music, the Academic Intern will have responsibilities in the music department associated with live and recorded sound. Including, but not limited to assisting work-study students with recording concerts, running lights for concerts, mixing and cataloging concerts, merging mixed audio with video, and other various departmental activities.
This is a full-time (not to exceed 35 hours per week) position during the academic year when classes are in session. Weekly hours will vary based on the needs of the department and the performance, event, and recording schedule. The position includes on-campus board (taxable benefit) and access to other fringe benefits.
The final hiring for this position is dependent upon conditions related to the current pandemic response. Campus accessibility, including access to food services, and the number of weeks classes are in session may vary and is contingent upon any COVID related restrictions imposed on the College. Should the campus close, this position may be modified or eliminated.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Distributing recordings via email or CD to faculty and students upon request.
- Community outreach and advertisement for concerts.
- Running live sound for music department events that require a PA system.
- Making sure recording equipment and other sound equipment is organized and accounted for.
- Recording rehearsals for ensemble directors when requested.
- Supporting music-specific instructional technology for courses and faculty projects.
- Assisting work-study students with various departmental duties.
- Office related and other duties as assigned by the department chair.
- Comply with all applicable College, federal, state, local and associational laws, rules and regulations.
- Participate in significant campus activities, including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement Weekend.
- As a representative of the College, expected to comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus.
Qualifications: The candidate must be a recent graduate of Hartwick College and possess knowledge of Hartwick music department operations. Applicants do not need an extensive background in live or recorded sound, but some knowledge is preferred. Training will be provided. Must have the ability to work with confidential and sensitive information, and have a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence. A high degree of professionalism and the ability to work well with students, faculty, staff, and other constituents is required.
To apply for the Academic Intern for Music position, please click here. All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
- A cover letter;
- A resume;
- A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); and
- The names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.