Research Assistant III
Position DetailsJob TitleRESEARCH ASST IIIPosition Number8150689Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusExemptCampusMaywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment NameDEPARTMENT OF CANCER BIOLOGYLocation CodeDept of Cancer Biology (06311A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? YesDuties and Responsibilities
- Perform experiments in cancer research on genome stability maintenance under the supervision of PI.
- Modify and adapt experimental protocols, techniques and procedures to specific project requirements.
- Design, coordinate and conduct experimental procedures in the study of protein-protein interaction, protein-DNA interaction, protein modification, genome stability analysis in various human cells, as well as animal handling and genotyping.
- Independently perform research activities and data analysis.
- Work with the PI and postdocs to prepare research results and write summaries of results in manuscript form for publications and in graphics form for presentation at research meetings and for grant proposals.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with regulatory protocols and records related to biosafety and IACUC.
- Order lab supplies and equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or Cell Biology and 5+ years related experience.Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or Cell Biology and 5+ years related experience.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Firm understanding of research methods, protocols, procedures, techniques, and equipment within specified area of specialty. Demonstrated research experience with handling mice (including but not limited to breeding, weaning, genotyping), Ability to independently design and implement standard research protocol within area of specialty. Knowledge and understanding of scientific method. Ability to analyze and evaluate empirical data and develop graphic and/or written interpretations and conclusions
Basic Computer SkillsSupervisory ResponsibilitiesNoRequired operation of university owned vehiclesNoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? YesPhysical DemandsLifting, Standing, Repetitive MotionsWorking ConditionsLighting, Heating, Ventilation, Odors, Noise, Animals, Irregular HoursOpen Date08/18/2020Close DateSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/14167Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, or Cell Biology?
- * Do you possess a minimum of five years of related experience?
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application