Administrative Assistant Counseling & Psychology Department
Trinity Christian College seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant for the Counseling and Psychology Department. The administrative assistant would work to support ongoing programs in the Counseling and Psychology Department. This person will be responsible for tracking and maintaining accreditation data as well as processing paperwork for graduate level internships. Daytime hours typically 8-4:30. 16 hours per week (Aug-mid-June), on-campus service not needed (mid-June and July). Some summer projects (approximately 8 hours a month) that can be done remotely.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the department in the process of applying for CACREP accreditation. This will include data compilation, document organization, and summary writing.
- Track Practicum and Internship paperwork for graduate students
- Record monthly hours logs for MA students
- Track paperwork compliance (i.e. practicum and internship contracts, background checks, insurance documentation) and contact students when needed
- Keep up to date the master internship site list and publicize new opportunities to students.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Placement Coordinator to ensure accurate data tracking for each student.
- Support the program in the development of a student portfolio model for tracking graduate student progress. After implementation, maintain responsibility for monitoring compliance.
- Compile yearly assessment data for the Counseling program in line with accreditation standards.
- Assist the program through annual updates to the student handbook and website in compliance with accreditation.
- Collect data from graduates necessary for the professional disclosures of the program (i.e. licensure pass rates, job placement, etc.).
- Process and maintain documentation related to any student remediation plans.
- Assist in coordinating the two annual department conferences: The Wellness Retreat and Psychology Renewed.
- Organize the Eventbrite pages, design publicity, and handle the registration process
- Coordinate with program faculty on the logistics of the events
- Communicate with program speakers, reserve rooms, and coordinate refreshments for these events.
- Organize the adjunct appreciation breakfast for Psychology Renewed Create and supply the continuing education certificates for licensed professionals at these events
- Coordinate payment for event speakers
A Bachelor's Degree and experience with administrative tasks is required.
Other qualifications include:
- Professional expertise and integrity
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Creativity and wisdom in finding appropriate placements
- Capability to keep good, respectful relationships with students and the schools
- Openness to unexpected changes in how the placement process develops
- Persistence to confirm all the placements needed
- Ability to work efficiency without strong supervision
- Ability to represent Trinity and our students to schools and clinical settings in positive, supportive ways
- Ability to support current and future development of the education and counseling programs
- Ability to adapt to changes in the education and counseling programs, in state licensure and accreditation requirements, and job procedures
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Google documents, and other computer applications and technology
- Ability to learn and use CAMS database software
- Aptitude for taking initiative and being a self-starter; ability to multi-task.
- Ability to track large amounts of information
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the college.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following during the online application process:
- A brief cover letter
- Professional resume
- A written statement that describes his/her Christian faith commitment and how it is expressed through involvement with the body of Christ and participation in a local church