Financial Aid Advisor
Fort Valley State University's Office of Financial Aid is seeking applications for a Financial Aid Advisor position.
This position is responsible for counseling students and the public regarding financial aid and managing and maintaining related records. The work of this position consists of varied financial aid counseling duties. This position is to provide assistance to students in matters pertaining to financial aid policies, procedures and processes. Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position.
- Advises students and parents regarding the availability of financial aid, eligibility requirements, and the application process.
- Verifies student financial aid information.
- Processes financial aid applications.
- Reviews needs analysis reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Completes financial aid reports.
- Prints and mails award letters.
- Presents financial aid information to students at orientation and other events.
- Coordinates and implement workshops for students and parents.
- Serves on assigned committees.
- Manages student financial aid records.
- Reviews Satisfactory Academic Progress appeals.
- Monitors continued eligibility of award recipients.
- Processes Federal Work Study.
- Processes state scholarship applications.
- Processes student access loans.
- Performs other related duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of federal, state and institutional financial aid programs, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the BANNER financial aid module.
- Knowledge of federal and state student aid online reporting systems.
- Knowledge of need analysis principles.
- Knowledge of modern office methods, procedures, and equipment.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
- Baccalaureate degree in a related field.
- More than two years of related experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Three years or more of work related experience.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com