Assistant Professor of Education or History Education
Job Title: Assistant Professor of Education or History Education
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220341
The Department of Teacher Education in the College of Arts and Sciences at Clayton State University is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Professor of Education or History Education to teach undergraduate and graduate education courses starting in the fall of 2021. The successful candidate will be expected to teach multiple sections of introductory Education and History courses, as well as supervise student teachers in local area schools. This is a ten-month position, tenure-track position carrying a 4/4 load and the appropriate committee and scholarship requirements.Special Applicant Instructions
Qualified candidate should submit the following:
- CV/Resume and Cover Letter
- Unofficial transcripts (official required upon hire)
- Teaching philosophy
- List of references
- Provide program oversight and coordination of history education programs
- Teach introductory, foundation, and history education courses
- Supervise student teachers in field placements in local high schools during spring semester
- Participate in university-public school partnership activities
- Participate in service to the department, college, and university
- Have an expressed research agenda with published scholarship related to the discipline
- Earned doctorate in Education or History Education (doctoral candidates considered with requisite experience)
- Extensive experience in teaching and research related to education and history education
- Three years of full-time teaching experience in K12 classrooms
- A commitment to culturally responsive pedagogy and history education via a critical lens
- Ability to teach a wide range of education and history education courses
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Recourses at (678) 466-4230, or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.