Office Assistant, Johnson County Adult Education - West Park
Office Assistant, Johnson County Adult Education - West ParkTracking Code210082 Job Description
Perform specialized clerical work in support of the Johnson County Adult Education's program. This includes greeting the public and providing routine program information (by phone and in person) about enrollment and participation in ABE/GED/ESL classes. The Office Assistant registers students for classes, accepts payments and applies standard bookkeeping procedures, organizes and manages records, files and forms for teachers and staff; communicates logistics relating to safety, security, facilities and technology needs; and assures availability of supplies and printed materials for instructors. The Office Assistant also provides assistance to classroom instructors. The Office Assistant typically manages one or more ad-hoc or recurring project on behalf of the program (e.g., compilation of volunteer newsletter, maintenance of accounting transactions, development of event logistics, backup support of State database).Required Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other software
- Heart for the mission of adult education
- Positivity and ability to manage unexpected events with calm, sound judgment
- Strong analytical skills
- Sensitivity, diplomacy and mature judgment in working with diverse populations, and in managing confidential information and potentially volatile issues
- Comfort communicating with non-native English speakers
- Commitment to accuracy; attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and work fluently with a variety of software (e.g., program registration software; graphics/presentations; database; custom applications)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and to work on numerous projects simultaneously; flexibility
- Reliability and dependability including on-time arrival and departure with minimal exceptions
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to diffuse and resolve conflict
- Ability to work as a team with other staff
- Appropriate initiative and eagerness to learn
- Support development and execution of special events as requested (e.g., Volunteer Banquet, Graduation, In-Service events, etc.)
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 2 – 5 years’ experience performing similar work in an office setting
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time