Adjunct Faculty Pool - School Psychology Program
Posting DetailsPosition TitleAdjunct Faculty Pool - School Psychology ProgramDivisionProvostMajor DepartmentLeFetra College of EducationDepartmentEducation DepartmentLocationLa Verne Central CampusJob Description
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
The School Psychology Program at the University of La Verne invites applications for adjunct instructor positions. We seek faculty colleagues to join a diverse, collaborative, motivated, training program. Our goals are to develop and equip highly-skilled, ethical, dynamic, culturally responsive professionals who can engage families, plan, organize, and implement appropriate psychoeducational assessments and interventions that are responsive to the needs of the ethnically and culturally diverse populations they will serve in PK-12. We appreciate and encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and professional experiences in culturally diverse urban/suburban school settings to inquire and apply.
Teach graduate-level school psychology courses at either of our campuses (LaVerne or Bakersfield). Engage in quarterly advisory committee meetings, engage in annual meetings, and participate in other program-related training and activities throughout the academic year.Required Qualifications
1. Earned doctorate or Master’s degree in School Psychology or Educational Counseling from a regionally accredited institution.
2. PPS Credential with specialization in School Psychology.
3. A minimum of three years of successful experience in school
4. A commitment to and experience working with diverse student populations, families, communities, and issues of social justice.
5. Experience with data-based decision making, academic intervention/strategy development, best practices in assessment/bilingual assessment, and behavior intervention.
6. Working knowledge of the National Association of School Psychologists Model for Comprehensive and Integrated School Psychological Services.Preferred QualificationsBenefits Summary
Below is a list of benefits and perks offered to Adjunct Faculty:
- Benefit Hub (discount perks)
- Free Parking
- Adjunct Faculty Development Funds
- Staff discounted lunches at the Spot
- 10% off discount at the University of La Verne Bookstore and Graphics
- Tuition Remission (Senior Adjuncts)
- Contribution Retirement Plan (must meet hours) for Mandatory – Voluntary Contribution at anytime
- Medical (must meet hours)
- Utilize services offered at CTL and the wellness center.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).Posting NumberAF041PJob Open Date08/21/2020Job Close DateOpen Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Develop and submit a three-part cover letter/teaching philosophy statement describing:
(1) how the applicant’s professional qualifications relate to the position;
(2) how the applicant can enhance our students’ understanding and practice of school psychology and
(3) how the applicant can help the program attain its goals related to working with diverse students in urban settings.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Referred by University of La Verne Employee
- University of La Verne Website
- * Which courses are you interested in/able to teach? Be sure to include department name and course number.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter with Teaching Philosophy
- Graduate School Transcripts
- Course Syllabi
- List of 3-5 Professional References
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Research Agenda
- Student Evaluations
- Samples of Published Research
- Philosophy of Engagement
- Philosophy of a Teacher/Scholar
- Sample of a Research Paper
- Teaching Evaluations
- Peer-reviewed publication