Chief of Staff/Chief Diversity Officer
Chief of Staff/Chief Diversity Officer
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
The Chief of Staff - Diversity Officer, reports directly to the President of the College and functions as a member of the President's Cabinet. The Chief of Staff - Diversity Officer provides leadership and operational oversight to the Office of the President in fulfilling the College's mission and goals and effectively support the President on a wide range of strategic issues. The position serves as the institution's Chief Diversity Officer and the Chief of Staff for the president of the college. This position works closely with the President, vice presidents, and the other officers of the College to help create a culture of performance excellence, shared governance, diversity, inclusion, and student success. In collaboration with the President, this position will provide oversight and guidance to several institutional units including diversity and inclusion, grants and special projects, international education, and governmental relations. The position will work with faculty, staff, students, and community stakeholders to realize the CSN student success mission, goals, and aspirational values for an inclusive and diverse institution.
- Master's degree from an accredited college/university in Higher Education, Administration, Sociology or a related field and 5 years of comparable managerial experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Terminal degree.
- 5 years' experience in a college, education, or governmental setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with the CSN and Clark County environment is preferred.
- In depth knowledge of best practices, theories and current applications associated with diversity.
- Demonstrated experience in leading inclusion and diversity initiatives and programming.
- Demonstrated experience in report writing and data analysis skills.
- Demonstrated professional advancement in chosen career path.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, speech writing, planning, and presentations; and knowledge of College structure, policies and practices.
- Demonstrated administrative and leadership skills and a strong ability to develop relationships and work with multiple constituencies, including students, faculty, staff, and community stakeholders.
- Demonstrated work experience in the development and implementation of a diversity plan.
Starting Salary Range
Administrative Faculty Grade E
$99,429 - $116,895
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach the following to their application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- List of three professional references
Out of Area/State Candidates may be offered travel reimbursement with original itemized receipts and in accordance with GSA rates at time of travel.
NSHE INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE:
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) must use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number, in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application. Application deadline is 11:59 pm the day prior to the listed close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Chief-of-Staff-Chief-Diversity-Officer_R0122260-1
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency