Crossroads Café Server
Job InformationClassification Number900107Classification TitleCrossroads Café ServerDepartmentRetail Food OperationsLevelLevel B (Skilled)Job Description
Offer is contingent on the completion of the PCI DSS training and the signing of the PCI Security Awareness and Confidentiality Agreement for campus personnel with access to credit card information.
-Works shifts at the Crossroads Café as scheduled by the Crossroads Café Serving Staff Coordinator.
-Makes coffees, smoothies, shakes and food items off the Crossroads menu.
-When no Crossroads Café Cashier (A Level) is present, Crossroads Servers are expected to operate cash register.
-Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment.
-Interacts with customers in a friendly and engaging manner
-During moments of downtime, Servers are expected to: clean fridges and counters, organize paper products, restock cups and silverware, wash dishes, restock all menu items and perform server prep including, but not limited to: filling tea bags, slicing and freezing fruit, checking dates on Grab & Go items.
-If working an Opening Shift, responsibilities also include preparing the space, turning on equipment and retrieving the cash drawer.
-If working a Closing Shift, responsibilities also include cleaning tables, storing equipment, wrapping food, removing trash and compost, and turning off equipment.
Reports to: Serving Staff Coordinator (Scheduling, General Issues), Serving Staff Supervisor (Space Organization/Cleaning, General Issues)
- Previous culinary or food service experience preferred, but not required
- Previous work experience highly preferred
- Must be able to work in a group
- Must be energetic, social, and willing to interact with customers
- Must be able to perform under pressure
- Employees may be eligible for promotions into supervisor and management roles
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This posting is only open to students. Are you a current Middlebury College undergraduate student?
- Are you the recipient of Federal Work Study or College Job as stated on your financial aid award letter?