Quality Assurance Coordinator
Fort Valley State University's Agricultural Research Department is seeking candidates for the Quality Assurance Coordinator position. The Quality Assurance Coordinator ensures that organization is providing the best possible product or service to customers. Quality Assurance Coordinator focuses on improving the processes to deliver Quality Products to the customer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees all Quality and product specifications for plant/shift.
- Monitors staffing to reduce costs and increase efficiencies whenever possible.
- Monitors all incoming produce and materials.
- Is responsible for inventory and storing of all plant supplies.
- Manages the preparation and execution of plant audits.
- Is responsible for manufacturing, distributing and consistently maintaining safe and quality food by following good manufacturing practices, allergen controls, food defense, HACCP and SQF requirements.
- Is responsible for immediately reporting all food safety and quality issues to your manager.
- Will play a major hands on roll in day to day activities such as slaughter and processing.
- All duties and responsibilities assigned by the plant manager
- High School diploma or GED.
- Five years of experience in related field
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Familiarity with food processing equipment
- 5+ years in the food industry in a managerial role
- Strong background in the meat industry strongly preferred
- USDA/HACCP Certification
- SQF background is a plus
- Designed and/or implemented HACCP and USDA programs
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, cold atmosphere clothing and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted. Evening, night and some weekend travel and work is occasionally required.( Meeting, workshops, seminars, trainings and conferences.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds