Farm Worker - Meat Technician
Fort Valley State University's Agricultural Research Department is seeking candidates for the Farmer Worker - Meat Technician position. The Farmer Worker - Meat Technician will carryout daily meat plant duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Slaughter duties which includes skinning, evisceration, and cleaning carcasses but not limited to stunning and disposal of animal waist by-product.
Ensuring the meat cases are well-stocked with fresh, high-quality meat and poultry products for our customers.
Receive, stock, cut, grind, wrap, weigh, price, and attractively merchandise meat department products.
Order and stock prepackaged deli items and frozen food products that fall under the meat department.
Ensure proper inventory control and product rotation to maximize product freshness and availability, while minimizing waste.
Assist customers with special requests and answer questions about our meat products and services. Meat cutters work with equipment like meat saws, slicers, grinders, wrapping machines, and knives.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Hard worker self starter.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work as part of a town.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience in meat processing industry.
- Butcher experience.
- Food service experience.
- Climate controlled environment
- Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, cold atmosphere clothing and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand long periods of time; walk and talk or hear. This job requires the use of hands and repetitive movements. Must be able to frequently lift 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.