Volleyball Assistant Coach
Posting DetailsPosition TitleVolleyball Assistant CoachPosting NumberSta00599Recruitment TypeExternal - Open to All ApplicantsEmployment TypePart-TimeBenefits Available NoNature of Work
The women’s volleyball assistant coach is responsible for assisting the head coach in teaching skills and techniques, recruiting, managing, and scheduling for the College of Coastal Georgia women’s volleyball program.Essential Duties
Assists the head coach to monitor student-athletes during practice, competition and travel.
- Encourages and promotes academic excellence in volleyball student-athletes.
- Supervises study hall hours for each athlete throughout the school year.
- Assists in planning, organizing and directing all practices and skill instruction.
- Maintains the knowledge needed of the sport to better enhance the athletes’ skill.
- Assists in planning, organizing and directing strength and conditioning program.
- Provides game footage for editing for pre and post match preparation and strategies.
- Assists organizing match preparation and promotions of home matches and tournaments.
- Assists the head coach in planning travel itineraries, meals, and directions to away events.
- Assists the head coach in planning, managing and operating volleyball summer camps.
Assists recruitment of volleyball student-athletes:
- Organizes mailings to prospective student athletes throughout the recruiting season.
- Assists in the scouting of recruits or opponents throughout the year.
- Provides leadership that promotes positive attitudes and good sportsmanship.
- Develops positive relationships with players, staff, faculty, community, alumni, high school and club team coaches.
- Organizes and maintains inventory of volleyball equipment and uniforms.
- Supervises managers, camera, statisticians, and trainers when needed at matches and/or practices.
- Operates within the NAIA, The Sun Conference and College of Coastal Georgia rules, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the women’s volleyball head coach in a timely manner.
- One year or more experience in coaching women’s volleyball team at the intercollegiate, high school or volleyball club sport level.
- Demonstrated aptitude for all aspects of organizing, directing and administering a collegiate level women’s volleyball program.
- Excellent oral, written, motivational, team-building and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must pass a motor vehicle report background history check.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and will be subject to random drug testing.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education or an advanced degree and more than 2 years of experience in coaching intercollegiate varsity women’s volleyball.Work HoursVariableSpecial Instructions to Applicants
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date08/20/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- Cover Letter