Student Success Coordinator - Online Education Start-Up
Outlier.org is a new education company with the goal of creating the world’s best affordable, for-credit online college courses with a mission to promote educational equity and equality. We are a very small team that is growing quickly and are led by an experienced serial entrepreneur.
We are always exploring exceptional talent for our Student Success Coordinator roles. During the next couple of months, we will be engaging top talent for possible upcoming opportunities within our Student Success team. We’re looking for a diamond in the rough! This candidate possesses exemplary customer service skills, administrative skills, problem-resolution skills, and has experience managing CRM databases. You possess a keen eye for details and are a self-starter. You will be the students’ main point of contact with the company, and their partner and guide through their educational experience with Outlier. You will support teaching and learning through non-instructional activities (i.e. Slack discussion channel management, time management support, etc.). This role reports to the Director of Student Success and is a remote contract-to-hire position.
What You’ll Do
- Send course-related emails including introductory messages, assignment and exam reminders, and weekly updates
- Serve as the main point of contact between students and Outlier
- Articulate workflows and reporting to optimize day-to-day operational efficiency.
- Leverage tools and technology to scale communication and outreach.
- Organize and facilitate student discussion and study groups
- Respond to student questions regarding course policies, regulations, and operation
- Perform customer service duties, such as acknowledging student feedback, bug reports, and content issues, and passing these on to the appropriate parties at Outlier
- Facilitate student satisfaction and student experience research by assisting in developing, sending, and collecting the results of online surveys
- Answer questions about and aid in the process of course credit pre-approval and transfer
- Be an advocate and a voice for the students’ perspective on the class in communicating with the rest of the company
- Ideate and execute on student community-building activities, such as student message boards, involvement with social media, and more
Who You Are
- Customer support expert with 1+ years of experience in higher education
- Possess excellent administrative procedures, practices, and time management skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups at all levels; well-developed problem-solving skills; experience in general office procedures/administrative support, equipment, and database management.
- Able to work independently, exercise good judgment and discretion, and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates strong attention to organization, detail, and follow-through.
- An outgoing, warm personality and enjoys engaging with students
- Excellent communicator across email, social media, phone and video conference
- Ability to take ownership, but comfortable asking for help when stuck
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Hard-working, with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Proficiency in G Suite, Slack, ZenDesk, and MailChimp
Nice to Haves
- Experience with SurveyMonkey and TypeForm a plus
- Start-up experience is a plus
- Prior classroom teaching experience in any subject a plus
- Familiarity with Calculus I and Intro to Psychology a plus
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Outlier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, layoff, termination, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, and benefits.