Director of Housing Operations
Student Affairs and Inclusive Excellence (SAIE) includes Housing and Residential Education, Academic Advising, Learning Effectiveness Program, Disability Services Program, Student Outreach and Support, Student Rights and Responsibilities, Sustainability, Inclusion and Equity Education, Health and Counseling, the Office of Student Engagement, Fraternity and Sorority Life, Discoveries Orientation, Parent and Family Engagement, the Cultural Center, Spiritual Life, Veterans Services, and Access and Transitions programs.
The Director of Housing Operations strives to offer students a high quality and meaningful residential community experience. The director collaborates with campus and divisional partners to support the housing occupancy and facilities management for campus housing and operations. The Director supervises full time staff including Assistant Directors and the Communications and Marketing Manager. Leadership of this group includes heading up the administration, planning and visionary oversight of all occupancy efforts, facility management and communication plans using best practices and efforts to create inclusive campus housing communities. Under the administrative direction of the SAIE leadership, this position provides a visionary lead and administration for the student housing program for the University; directs housing operations including but not limited to occupancy and facilities management, marketing/social media, off-campus support, budget and coordination of housing assessment efforts. The Director for Housing is also responsible for execution of the strategic plan for area.
- Partners with the Director of Residential Education to provide a comprehensive strategic vision, assessment plan, and management of Housing and Residential Education.
- In partnership with Divisional Leadership engages in financial modeling for campus housing occupancy.
- Supervises, evaluates, and assess Assistant Directors, Communication and Marketing Manager, and other housing staff.
- Oversees the communication and marketing.
- Leads training for Housing and Residential Education (HRE) staff.
- Supervises full time and part time staff.
- Represent HRE at divisional and university wide committees.
- Lead with inclusive and equitable lens to create and support a team and all housing systems.
- Serve as Chair of the Dining Committee university-wide.
- Manage the strategy and execution of day to day operations for both facilities and occupancy.
- Manage and develop operational forecasts for both facilities and occupancy that directly impact University functions.
- Responsible for the oversight, creation and reporting of housing assignments currently consisting of six residence halls, nine apartment complexes and fraternity and sorority properties.
- Responsible for forecasting, training and implementation of new housing software needs.
- Responsible for the quarterly billing of all housing assignments and meal plans.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining current and future occupancy plans and reports by being a liaison when necessary with departments, including but not limited to Financial Services, Athletics, Study Abroad, Disability Services, Center for Multicultural Excellence, International House, Living and Learning Communities.
- Create and curate occupancy reports weekly and as needed by the department and division.
- Provide oversight of day to day facilities management.
- Responsible for training and developing HRE staff and FSL staff on StarRez software, C-Cure, and other platforms.
- Conduct yearly review of Housing Contract.
- Responsible for the vendor management of internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as the liaison to facilities management.
- Project and plan in (conjunction with divisional leadership) HRE property capital projects.
- Participates in the Housing and Residential Education on-call duty system.
- Manage and coordinate transitional periods of move in, move out, breaks and summer housing.
- Master's degree in Student Personnel/Higher Education, Business Administration, Facilities Planning and Management or related field.
- 4 years of full-time post Master's degree work experience in housing operations.
- Experience with StarRez housing software, or comparable housing database experience.
- Experience with facilities management, supervision of professional staff & students, project management.
- Proven commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience supervising and recruiting a high performing, passion driven and culturally/socially diverse team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of assessing residence hall climate and the ability to implement change based on assessments.
- Proven ability to motivate, celebrate and encourage a team where expectations are high and resources are limited.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced day-to-day operation.
- Talented in developing campus partnerships and skilled at advocating for the needs of the Housing & Residential Education team.
- Experience in change management through assessment, restructure and re-imagining organizations.
- Experience with Blackboard, Qualtrics, Banner and C-Cure.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.