Posting Number: :
0000166Job Title: :
Adjunct - Accounting Instructor (Huntsville Campus)PS Position#: :
00000764Position Status: :
$48.96/hour for lecture and $32.63/hour for labClassification: :
HCLC Academic StudiesJob Summary/Basic Function: :
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis. These positions are filled prior to or during the start of each semester and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
Lee College accepts application materials for adjunct employment on a continuing basis throughout the year from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis.
Academic departments will contact potential applicants when there are available openings. Once an applicant submits an application for this position, his or her application and related information are considered active for a period of one (1) year.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore level Accounting courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications: :
- Qualified candidates must have a Master’s (or higher) degree in the teaching field or a Master’s (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in the teaching field.
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
Huntsville Campus - Huntsville, TXIf other, provide location. :
Other TDCJ UnitsPosting Date::
04/24/2020Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.