Posting Number: :
0000448Job Title: :
Adjunct - Developmental Math Instructor (Huntsville Campus)PS Position#: :
00001128Position Status: :
$48.96/hour for lecture and $32.63/hour for labClassification: :
HCLC Academic StudiesJob Summary/Basic Function: :
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis. These positions are filled prior to or during the start of each semester and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
Lee College accepts application materials for adjunct employment on a continuing basis throughout the year from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis.
Academic departments will contact potential applicants when there are available openings.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore level Developmental Math courses to students in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) correctional facilities.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications: :
Preferred Qualifications: :
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 18 hours in the Mathematics.
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
Prefer previous teaching experience in developmental education, Master’s degree in Mathematics, and 18 graduate hours in Mathematics.Campus/Location: :
Huntsville Campus - Huntsville, TXIf other, provide location. :
Other TDCJ UnitsPosting Date::
04/24/2020Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.