Seasonal Part-Time Research Project Assistant
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Seasonal Part-Time Research Project Assistant
Job ID 3942
Location Lincoln Park Campus
Full/Part Time Part-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Part-time research assistant will report to the director of the Center for Community Research. The part-time research assistant will help the director and the project directors of the department with tasks as needed.
Responsibilities & Duties
The duties and responsibilities of the research assistant can greatly vary, but potential duties and responsibilities include:
- Scheduling appointments and interviews.
- Administering and conducting interviews with participants.
- Entering and analyzing data.
- Participating in weekly research meetings.
- Completing tasks designated by the director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- College degree or higher-level course work in psychology.
- Candidates should have an interest in gaining experience to pursue a higher level of education.
- Research experience in a related social science field.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Must be reliable, task-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Must have general computer knowledge and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, etc.) and SPSS.
- Must be capable of coordinating daily tasks, communicating effectively, and working as directed.
- Must possess strong writing skills.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
Please note that this position is funded by an external grant source. If the grant terminates for any reason, or if the grant funding is lost or reduced for any reason, your employment with the university will be immediately discontinued.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: