Facilities Manager I- Facility Maintenance- F/T Days Shift - 9904-1A
Updated: Apr 30, 2021
Department: Facility Maintenance
FAC MGR 1
Dir, Facilities, EH&S and EM
Facility Maintenance (428483)
Facilities Manager I
No Bargaining Unit
Reporting to the Director of Facilities and Safety Services, incumbent is directly responsible for operational oversight of all mechanical systems including heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), steam, plumbing, medical gas and electrical. Develops and implements operational, maintenance and redesign programs that will improve the safety and reliability of systems while improving the energy efficiencies of the Medical Center and reducing the carbon footprint. Assists the Director in overseeing plant operations for the entire Medical Center. Improves organizational capabilities, optimizes processes, builds teams and develops talent, meets budgets and improves standards of performance, quality and safety. Provides backup to the Director in his absence and represents the department in meetings and committees as appropriate. See job duty sections appearing later in this job description for a more detailed list of responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent education/experience involving the application of mechanical engineering design theories related to energy systems
- Minimum 5 to 7 years managerial experience in a medium to large size facility
- Must be experienced and knowledgeable in all relative laws, regulations and codes including Joint Commission and other regulatory requirements for a hospital setting
- Must have experience with the business and practice of best methods of general operation and repair of complex medical facilities and building support systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to plan strategically
- Ability to apply sound judgment in ambiguous situations and effectively manage change
- Previous experience in healthcare facilities engineering operations including management experience to be able to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of hospital facilities and physical plant management including electrical, plumbing and HVAC operations.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret complex regulations, contracts and policies
- Ability to persuade or influence people to take appropriate action
- Financial management and analysis skills consistent with budgetary responsibilities
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Strongly preferred CHFM Certified Hospital Facilities Manager
- Certification from a reputable/recognizable energy resource management programs such as LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Standards), CEM (Certified Energy Manager) or BEP (Business Energy Professional)
Physical, Mental, & Environmental Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.